Who do I contact

Reaction score
Ok, as weird as it may sound- I have an invention for Apple.

Im serious enough that I have started making a prototype. Im not a genius or anything, and im not reinvented the Mac or anything like that. Just got something.

Question is, who the heck to I contact or speak to to toss my idea and prototype??? Anybody know? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
send me the info, "all details regarding your invention" and i will see what i can do, ;D O:)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Ok, as weird as it may sound- I have an invention for Apple.

Im serious enough that I have started making a prototype. Im not a genius or anything, and im not reinvented the Mac or anything like that. Just got something.

Question is, who the heck to I contact or speak to to toss my idea and prototype??? Anybody know? Thanks!

You will be fighting an uphill battle because, honestly, most inventions aren't nearly as inventive as they seem in the eyes of their developer.
Part of this is because any corporation of any size has an ongoing R&D effort and most of us aren't privy to what is already in the product stream.

I said all of that, not with the intent to be discouraging but as background.

Apple execs seem to have made it an unwritten policy to read their own email (the late Steve Jobs was known to respond to personal emails and I have seen some indication of Tim Cook doing the same).
Your best bet may be a brief, well written email containing enough detail to convey what you are working on without giving all. I doubt he would read an email long enough to tell all.
If you have something new and potentially marketable I think you have little worry they will steal it from you.

OP
X
Reaction score
Ok so my invention is.... haha nice try!!!

Razormac, Thanks for the info- ya i completely understand what you mean about not being in the loop on what is currently IN THE LOOP! Ha. But like I said- its nothing crazy big- and most inventions that take off are the small and convenient ones- I mean look at the snuggy... really? if all else fails, I gave it a shot.

You know, believe it or not, I've already missed out on a good invention/tweak that I thought of. Maybe about 8 years ago ( i play hockey so this idea came naturally) I had the idea of making the top shelf netting on the net, a clear material or a clear plastic tarp- kind of like the material you'd use on a cheap golf cart windshield. I had an idea to put that in the top part of the net and just behind the posts so that you'd be able to CLEARLY see if the puck crossed the line (or at least have a better chance at seeing it). All my friends laughed at me and said i was an idiot. Now its about a year or 2 away from being implemented in the NHL. and once the NHL uses it, so will all the BIG leagues like NCAA, ECHL, etc.....

sooooooo, go big or go home, right!!!

Any chance you know Tim Cook's email?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Personally, I'd build it and market it. Whatever it is.

C

chas_m

Not that Apple isn't interested in new ideas, but there is a big legal gray area about this that prevents Apple (and other corporations) from accepting unsolicited ideas. This way, what they invented and what you invented is made clear and there's no legal "crossver" or "infection" of ideas.

I'd suggest you get together with a trademark attorney or someone LEGITIMATE who specializes in patent law and discuss your ideas with them. You can always sell the idea to Apple if they are interested, but first you need to protect your own work.

Reaction score
I would suggest to document this in a book, sign it with a date and get a witness to sign it and date. US law works as first to document then first to file so if someone actually copied off your ideas you will have something to provide as evidence. I would do that before I even email Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.