How much video ram?

D

Drunken Pirate

How much video ram do I really need? Is 64 MB enough to play Warcraft III? Will the system lag when I am just using it? (Its a 20") If it's not enough, what kind of card is it? Can I buy it from a generic store?

EDIT: What is the standard resolution for a 20" widescreen? I have a feeling that a geforce fx 5200 64MB isnt enough to support it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
The video card is enough to support it, and play Warcraft III just fine. I played World of Warcraft on my iBook, and that's WAY more graphic intensive. The resolution goes up to 1680 x 1050 if you have an Apple display. Other companies vary. You can get a 128 MB card if you want, but for that game, you don't need it.

Reaction score
Well the description title reads

"iMac G5 20 Inch 1.8GHZ/1GB RAM/160GB HDD+Extras"

then right beneath it, it reads

"iMac G5 20 Inch 2GHZ/2GB RAM/250GB HDD+Extras"

so which is it? That looks fishy.

OP
D

Drunken Pirate

Yea, I noticed that. I will double check what Im getting before I buy, but the description matches what is in the title, so I assume he just made a typo.

EDIT: Its a scam!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Drunken Pirate said:
How much video ram do I really need? Is 64 MB enough to play Warcraft III? Will the system lag when I am just using it? (Its a 20") If it's not enough, what kind of card is it? Can I buy it from a generic store?

EDIT: What is the standard resolution for a 20" widescreen? I have a feeling that a geforce fx 5200 64MB isnt enough to support it.

Are you talking about the Video Ram of an iMac 20 inch woth GF fx 5200 graphics by any chance? Unfortunatley, if you are, you cannot upgrade the graphics :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.