Mac problem

Reaction score
I have a Mac g4 it will turn on but nothing will come up on my screen. Some one told me that my hard drive went out. What can I do to find out what is wrong with it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please clarify. What do you mean "nothing will come up on my screen"? Does the screen light up? Do you see a login prompt? Or is the screen black, no video, no light?

Also tell us which version of OS X you're running and the G4 model you have.

OP
T
Reaction score
The screen is black it's been two years sense it started I don't remember version it has.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The screen is black it's been two years sense it started I don't remember version it has.

Are we talking about a:

- Powermac G4
- Mac-mini G4
- iMac G4
- Powerbook G4
- iBook G4

As you can see...it REALLY REALLY helps to be specific. It would also help if we knew the processor speed...since this will help narrow down which exact model it is as well.

It also helps not wait 2 years to figure out what's ailing a computer;)...since some important details can be forgotten after such a long time.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.