iBank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
well this is what it says on the web: iBank Mobile lets you track your day-to-day spending and monitor account balances on the go.

i have a wife that does the same, mind you the above app might be less painful.:Smirk:

Reaction score
I've demo'd iBank. It's fine as a banking tool for basic checking, credit cards, and such (much easier than Quicken, which is fine if you have a fairly complicated financial situation).

The drawback is that iBank's budgeting feature is very under-developed and not very useful for real-time (or semi real time) tracking of budget categories.

I've yet to find any financial software that easily and conveniently lets you intereface with your bank to keep accounts current, set up a monthly budget, track expenses against that budget, and let you go mobile in iPhone and do all that real-time on the go (meaning over-the-air sync'g via DropBox or something else).

Seems such an obvious feature set for basic financial planning, but each software package I've looked at (Quicken, iBank, YNAB, Mint, etc.) addresses one or two of those features and ignores the others.

ymmv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I've used it now for about a year and a half for my domestic accounts and keeping an eye on the stocks and shares. It fulfills my needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
After years of using MS Money, I discovered iBank. My needs may be simple (I don't use budgetting feature for example), but it works just fine for me. Best feature is the balance forecasting thus enabling me to keep actively monitor accounts , maximising savings and preventing unexpected overdrafts. Monthly reconciliation took a bit of working on but I got there in the end. There's a useful forum and the online help is pretty good too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.