New Mac User

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a new Mac user. Actually, I'll BE a new Mac user as soon as I save up the money to get one (Macbook pro 17" with 750GB/7200RPM Hard Drive, 8GB RAM). I came to the light very recently. My geek friends (and I'm proud to say I'm a geek, too) have tried to convince me that I will be disappointed with a Mac and I should just stick to Windows. But I say no, I have seen other side of the mountain, and yes, the grass is, indeed, greener. So I look forward to, very soon, enjoying the Mac life and discovering what all of you already know about the glory of Mac.

Also, and maybe it's here and I just haven't found it, but why not have a place on here to introduce yourself if you're new to the forum?

Thank you all for welcoming me and be assured that I WILL be asking a lot of questions once I get full into the experience.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello all. I'm a new Mac user. Actually, I'll BE a new Mac user as soon as I save up the money to get one (Macbook pro 17" with 750GB/7200RPM Hard Drive, 8GB RAM).

Wow...you got your sights set pretty high for your first Macintosh computer. A 17" MacBook Pro is pretty pricey...the 2nd most expensive model behind the Mac Pro desktop computers.

Good luck saving that money...and welcome to Mac-Forums!:)

- Nick

OP
Gumbeaux_Mac
Reaction score
I figure if I'm gonna do it, might as well do it right.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I figure if I'm gonna do it, might as well do it right.

Are you ok with lugging around a 17" laptop? Most folks go for something smaller if they're going to be moving it around a lot.

I actually have an older 17" MacBook Pro...I usually use it as a "desktop replacement" (on the couch watching TV)...so I don't "lug" it around much.:)

- Nick

p.s. My wife has a 13" MacBook...VERY nice for "lugging" around.:)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you ok with lugging around a 17" laptop? Most folks go for something smaller if they're going to be moving it around a lot.

Don't discourage the new members Nick. Anyone who gets tired of lugging that nice piece of gear can pass it to me as an early Birthday present, lol

Just kidding Gumbeaux_Mac welcome to the forum. Where are you from by the way?

OP
Gumbeaux_Mac
Reaction score
I currently live in Southwest Louisiana, but plan on moving to Southeast Texas soon. As for lugging around a 17" laptop, I'm a truck driver, so I won't be lugging it much. It'll stay in my sleeper most of the time. But even if I do lug it around, I'm used to carrying lots of gear. My last laptop, a HP, was 17" and it never really bothered me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17"
My 17" Macbook Pro is only slightly bigger than the crappy old Acer 15" that I had!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.4ghz i5, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA, OS X Lion 10.7.2 ~ I'm in love!!!
I just got my first Mac and I LOVE the quality! I don't know how to do a lot of things though, so that's why I'm here...lol. You're going to love it, Gumbeaux!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.