Can I run WordPerfect in Lion?

Reaction score
I'd like to switch to a Macbook but I must be able to use WordPerfect on it. Is there an EASY was to do this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved here to the "Switcher" forum as it does not belong in "Windows......."

The short answer to your question is no. Wordperfect is Windows only.

The only way to run Wordperfect on a MacBook is to install Windows using the Boot Camp Assistant (dual boot setup) or as a virtual machine with VM software.

OP
J
Reaction score
I found an application called WordPerfect Viewer which costs $10. It allows one to open WordPerfect Documents in Lion. Then you can save them as an rtf or pdf file which can then be opened and saves as a Microsoft Word document.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
I found an application called WordPerfect Viewer which costs $10. It allows one to open WordPerfect Documents in Lion. Then you can save them as an rtf or pdf file which can then be opened and saves as a Microsoft Word document.

does it keep the formatting and clip art? i'm using parallels b/c i couldn't get anything to save the documents exactly as i had them.

OP
J
Reaction score
I've used WordPerfect Viewer to open a few WordPefect documents that only had text in them. There were no photos or graphs or clipart in them. It seemed to work fine in the documents that I opened. Why don't you try it? What have you got to lose? Let me know if it works on a document that contains clipart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
I've used WordPerfect Viewer to open a few WordPefect documents that only had text in them. There were no photos or graphs or clipart in them. It seemed to work fine in the documents that I opened. Why don't you try it? What have you got to lose? Let me know if it works on a document that contains clipart.

it says right on the download that you will lose formatting and clip art. oh well. parallels works nicely!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.