Infoxhead help please ...

Reaction score
I have used infoxhead for 4 years and it's an important part of my work and research. Recently my hard disk crashed and I had to do a re-build.

In the process the infoxhead application which was registered (I have all the detail) will only activate with the SAVE function disenabled.

I successfully followed a link to download a new application as a trial which is presently working OK however apparently this only lasts - with a 15 day 'save' period.

As the company is now defunct can I get round this in any way, or can I get a functional licensed application anywhere? (I'm quite happy to pay).

I thought about downloading every 16th day, but I guess after 1 go it will not release to my IP address maybe?

Any help would be so welcome ...
Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you have no backup of your hard drive? Without being able to restore and since the publisher is no longer in business, you're either going to have deal with the trial copy, or find a substitute application.

Do some more searching on the web, perhaps you can find a work around. Sorry I can't be of more help, but that's why we stress how important it is to make frequent backups.

OP
O
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for replying,

I have a full back up of the info, but the application just reverts to the trial software, with of course the abilility to register with your password. Unfortunately as the seller has gone bust, you can't register - very frustrating. I can export and save in word/excel format etc though. Trouble is I just want a very simple A-Z database, without having to become an expert in layouts etc etc. I started with 'Hypercard' which was excellent until Apple decided to discard it. I've looked at Bento etc and they seem over complicated and expensive? If theres something cheap and cheerful out there, I could switch, any one any recommendations please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I understand your frustration, but honestly if Bento is too complicated for you, it's going to be difficult to find something less complex and less expensive. If you have a windows machine, there are lesser expensive programs for Windows that might be useful. If I remember correctly some are even free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.