iTunes transfer problem

Reaction score
After getting my MacBook Pro, I transferred my music from my PC via portable hard drive. When I moved all my music to the Music folder on the Mac, only certain Songs/Albums show up in iTunes. Example; I transfer/drag & drop 10 Beatles albums and only 6 show up in iTunes. Rubber Soul, for example, will not transfer to iTunes. It says it is a Quicktime file. I live about 2 hours from the nearest Apple Store and would appreciate the help. I've right clicked every possible place I can think of with no success. Thanks:\

C

chas_m

The rest are *probably* in WMA format and will need to be converted to a more common standard (MP3, AAC, etc) before iTunes on the Mac will see them.

AlltoMP3 is free and will handle this for you -- unless the songs were PURCHASED online in WMA format, in which case they may have DRM restrictions on them and won't be able to be converted to anything.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks Chaz. It's a whole new world for me. I'm trying to figure out how to move pics and movies my kids made from my Mac into a portable hard drive. When I try to drag and drop them into the hard drive...I get the little circle with the line through it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.