No response

Reaction score
Apparently only viewers with question frequent these forums. Maybe the newer Mac products have a better following?
A couple of days ago I posted a couple of questions and got NO response, there were several views of the post but no responses. I am frustrated with the behavior of my newish I Mac!
Where can one go to get information on operating issues, for example I am sending this message on my old PC laptop because this forum runs so slow on my Mac that it would take all evening to get through the steps to send this message out? The other issue, Safari or other browsers can't find You Tube, always with the message "UNABLE TO FIND SERVER". Most of the functions on the I mac are very speedy??
I don't live close to any Mac outlets or experienced Mac users for help.
PRMc

C

chas_m

The reason you got no response on your previous post -- if I recall correctly -- was that your post was bereft of any important details we would need to hazard a guess as to the problem.

The basic specs of your machine, plus a detailed description of the problem and whether or not it occurs elsewhere, plus a list of things you've tried to resolve the issue already would be a good start.

OP
H
Reaction score
Chas m:
Thanks for the quick reply. I am unable to converse much just now, leaving town until late PM tomorrow.
Basically I have the smaller I Mac with OSX 10.6 system. I generally use the Mac mail and Safari though I did recently download Firefox browser just to see if it would access You tube or run the Mac Forums site any better? It didn't! I always get the same message when trying to access You Tube, that is "unable to find server". As stated my old PC using the same SP has no problem with You Tube or running the Mac Forum at a decent speed.
As noted I am a novice operator but am able navigate the PC in a satisfactory manner!
I will check back to this site when I return home... PRMc

Reaction score
So the first thing I can think of is that your Network settings are not set up right on your mac, maybe. Check Airport (if running wireless) or Network in System Prefs to make sure everything's set up right.

Also, check to make sure you didn't start some huge download that's slowing things down.

Just curious, how did you manage to download Firefox if you cannot load a single page? Did you download the .dmg from windows and then USB it over?

OP
H
Reaction score
batbogeyhex? Thanks for the response. I occasionally use airport but it doesn't make any difference whether I'm on a direct hookup or air port as far as slow performance on this forum or You Tube "unable to find server" messages. Firefox down loaded via a Google query on Safari in a normal fashion! Everything else seems to run as it should though I'm still trying to learn the Mac system. I wouldn't know (probably) if things were set up right in preferences with out a prompt. I did clear the cache as suggested in Safari "helps" to know advantage. hipirn

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.