• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Moving videos from the iPhone to the iPad.

Reaction score
Ok so I thought this was going to be easy. I got an iPhone 4s th other day. I started taking videos and wanted to edit some on my iPad. So I transferred the videos to my Mac mini. Then started to move them over to iTunes to sync with the iPad. Or so I thought. I assumed they both used the same format for videos. When it comes to the native video player you sync to on the iPad it's mp4 only. Oh and the iPhone videos are .mov. So I had an app I haven't used in awhile called road movie....I think. Yeah the videos are upside down and look like garbage. So I guess my question is how to I convert them over to mp4 with out losing the great quality videos my new phone took?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2
Try this:

In iTunes on your Mac Mini, select the video and click Advanced->Create iPad or AppleTV Version. When it's done converting it, there should be two of the video in your library (the original .mov one, plus the newly created .mp4 one). Connect your iPad and sync the newer of the two files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.