newbie having trouble navigating Forums

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I joined Mac Forums this morning because I'm having a problem with something. So I posted the problem in the Switcher Hangout. Trouble is, I can't find a "Help" section on the website here in which to look for general site navigation tools. I haven't been able to find my post. I don't know whether I will receive email notification when answers to my question are posted. General questions like that.

Any user-friendly introduction will be helpful. Thanks much. - Amy

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you for telling me. I just reposted it in the Hangout place. I've not been able to figure out where I'm supposed to post something and the link you provided to the Guidelines doesn't seem to say. What am I missing? And will I be notified of replies? Thank you

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Thank you for telling me. I just reposted it in the Hangout place. I've not been able to figure out where I'm supposed to post something and the link you provided to the Guidelines doesn't seem to say. What am I missing? And will I be notified of replies? Thank you

Welcome to the forums.

I have to admit that I don't know all the ins and outs either, but if you Subscribe to this thread (a choice under Thread Tools in the menu bar above) you will be able to easily access your post and quickly see if there are replies by clicking on Profile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.