which one?

Reaction score
hi all

i am currently looking to purchase a mac for HD video editing with final cut pro X, i have £1500 to spend, so i am currently deciding which would be most suitable. my main choices at the moment are either the 15" macbook pro, or the 21.5" imac with the 2.8ghz i7 processor, which is £200 cheaper than the macbook pro, but if you have any other suggestions, let me know, Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...i am currently deciding which would be most suitable. my main choices at the moment are either the 15" macbook pro, or the 21.5" imac with the 2.8ghz i7 processor, which is £200 cheaper than the macbook pro, but if you have any other suggestions, let me know, Thanks

Yes...I have a suggestion. You are trying to decide between a laptop & a desktop computer. Laptop computers are portable...desktop computers are not.

Decide if you need portability...and then you have your answer!:)

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Yes...I have a suggestion. You are trying to decide between a laptop & a desktop computer. Laptop computers are portable...desktop computers are not.

Decide if you need portability...and then you have your answer!:)

- Nick
im not too concerned about portability, but i have heard some people say that the Macbook pros are better, and some say the imac.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
im not too concerned about portability, but i have heard some people say that the Macbook pros are better, and some say the imac.

"Better" is a relative/subjective term...and almost always needs to be specifically defined (specific parameters). My idea of "better" will be different from someone else's idea of "better"...because my computing needs may be different from someone else's.

MacBook Pros can be better if portability is important. iMacs can be better because with almost any desktop computer...you get more "bang for you buck"!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.