Media Library Conversion for ATV2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, i7 3.4 ghz Quad Core, 16Gb RAM,AMD HD 2Gb, 2TB SATA Hard Drive, ATV3, iPhone 4
Hi All

I'm a newbie who recently made the decision to switch over from the darkside and come over to the world of MAC. I have been scouring your forum for the past week getting loads of useful hints and tips. ;D;D

My issue:

I have a pretty comprehensive media library which i plan to stream from my iMac to my soon to be purchased ATV2. Just looking for a bit of confirmation that i'm going to tackle the following in the best way.

I have a range of avi/mkv files which on reading i believe can just be remuxed to MP4 for importing in to my iTunes account. So is MKVtool the best bet for remixing both file types or will i have to use Handbrake to convert. (Importantly I don't want the files to lose any quality).

I was then going to use MetaX to source all the appropriate metadata.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure that machine spec will be greatly relevant here but just in case i have a:

27" iMac i7 3.4Ghz Quad core, 8Gb RAM, Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.