• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Rumor: Suppliers say Apple will overhaul all product lines in 2012

Reaction score
Rumor: Suppliers say Apple will overhaul all product lines in 2012

Apple is rumored to be planning a complete overhaul for each of its product lineups, including the iPad, iMac, iPhone and MacBook Air, next year, according to sources within the company's supply chain.
mf.gif

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
This is the kind of rumor that gets me way too excited. Fortunately for me, I'm not too good at that Hold Your Breath game.

Reaction score
This wouldn't surprise me at all. Also I'm not exactly sure what a "complete overhaul" means? I'm guessing you'll get about the same difference in these as you got with the iPad to the iPad 2 etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
This wouldn't surprise me at all. Also I'm not exactly sure what a "complete overhaul" means? I'm guessing you'll get about the same difference in these as you got with the iPad to the iPad 2 etc..

That's what I would guess too, even though I honestly think the look of the iPad 2 is perfect...simple, and easy to hold. I wonder what this could mean for the MacBooks.

Reaction score
I'm guessing thinner MBPs or a bigger Air (think of some combination between the two). I really can't see much happening with the MBA as-is, but I could see an ultra-thin iMac coming or perhaps a long-overdue refresh to the Mac Pro case (assuming it isn't killed off).

Those who said it will be more like iPad 1 --> iPad 2 are probably right with the majority of products.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think I'll be buying a new MB or computer anytime soon...

Maybe when they invent quantum notebook computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Does the iMac really need to be thinner? I mean, what are you going to be doing with it, taping it to your wall?

Me, personally, I'm getting kind of tired of seeing everything being made out of aluminum.. I want want some dark alloy material on their next generation of computers.
I've been saving up for a new Mac, and am desperately wanting to buy something asap though, I will probably never sell my current MBP.My dream MBP would be as powerful as the best Mac Pro, and come in an awesome gun-metal alloy...Liquid Metal:D Oh please, please PLEAASEEE Apple, DO IT!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
This is bad news.

I'm already getting itchy fingers and ogling a MBA even though I have no need for one. Maybe I can convince the missus she needs one to replace her Dell. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook ipad2 iphone4wht ipodtouch(3) ipodnano appletv
I'm excited about it, I think it's going to be a total design change. This still won't stop me from getting the new macbook air. I love that thin design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This jives with the current update cycles for all of the above mentioned products...

Reaction score
Good for me as I am planning to upgrade computers sometime next year after thunderbolt has gained some ground.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.