• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Sprint investigating iPhone 4S speed issue, unable to replicate it

Reaction score
Sprint investigating iPhone 4S speed issue, unable to replicate it

Wireless operator Sprint has said it is taking seriously reports of problems with iPhone 4S download speeds on its network, but the carrier has yet to consistently reproduce the issue.
mf.gif

Read more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
What? A flaw in the flawless Sprint network? NEVER!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Yeah, the flaw isn't with the iPhone.

It's people who switched to Sprint for the cheaper plan and didn't know Sprint was super slow in some places. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Sprint is plenty fast here. Can't say the same for cr@ppy ATT. It's all in the geography. It boggles my mind that ATT should have such incredibly awful service in one of the biggest cities in the world, while providing better service in some of the more rural places. Backwards.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sprint is plenty fast here. Can't say the same for cr@ppy ATT. It's all in the geography. It boggles my mind that ATT should have such incredibly awful service in one of the biggest cities in the world, while providing better service in some of the more rural places. Backwards.

Doug

Sad but true. Then again, I spend a large amount of time in Southern California (Santa Barbara to San Diego) and don't seem to have any issue with their data speeds so I guess it does depend on where you are. I've been other places where their coverage and data speed was pretty bad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Sad but true. Then again, I spend a large amount of time in Southern California (Santa Barbara to San Diego) and don't seem to have any issue with their data speeds so I guess it does depend on where you are. I've been other places where their coverage and data speed was pretty bad.

Let's see what happens when ATT starts rolling out their LTE service shortly. Hopefully it will offset what their regular infrastructure isn't able to handle, at least for the Android crowd. But the real test will be when the iPhone 5 rolls out, that is if it is LTE capable I guess.

That Samsung Galaxy SII is quite a nice phone. Really slender and an amazing LCD. An 1850 mAh battery in such a slim profile is really quite a feat, considering how many components are in that thing. Certainly more than the iPhone, which currently only has one radio vs. the 2 in the Galaxy. I really don't see why Apple don't go for a different design profile for the battery. But I digress.. totally away from the main point.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It's very regional. For instance, we had Sprint in the Bay Area, it was great. Moved to Tucson and I had to stand either in the far north-east corner of my yard, or out on the main street to make a phone call. AT&T, have no problems at all anywhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let's see what happens when ATT starts rolling out their LTE service shortly. Hopefully it will offset what their regular infrastructure isn't able to handle, at least for the Android crowd. But the real test will be when the iPhone 5 rolls out, that is if it is LTE capable I guess.

Next years iPhone, whatever it is called, will be 4G and probably LTE since that is what both AT&T and VZW are moving to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.