Boot camp issues

Reaction score
I have installed windows via bootcamp assistant. while running windows I can access my 'macintosh HD' partition, but while running lion my computer doesnt detect the bootcamp partition. Reformat needed?

Reaction score
How did you format your Windows partition during the Boot Camp install - NTFS? If you did, you're not going to be able to work with those files. If you can get by with a 32 GB or less Windows partition, formatting the partition in FAT will allow read/write access. This is all in the Apple Boot Camp installation guide.

If you choose to reformat, you have to delete the Boot Camp partition and reinstall, then choose FAT during the new setup. Goes without saying you'll need to back everything up.

If you need a bigger partition than 32 GB, I think there are third party software solutions for NTFS - Paragon software I think has one but now you're passing my knowledge point ...

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No you cannot. It is necessary to go into the Boot Camp control panel and select the Mac OS X drive you want to boot from. That is the drawback of Bootcamp. Parralels for example allows you to do what you ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry to throw contrary info in but OSX should be able to see the bootcamp partition - even if it's formatted as NTFS(as it should be). OSX can 'see' and read NTFS partitions just fine.

When you say OSX can't 'detect' the bootcamp partition . . . where are you looking?

If you go into Disk Utility can you see the bootcamp partition in the left panel?
Can you mount it?

Reaction score
Sorry, I was thinking the OP meant "can't read files." Agree that Lion should at least be able to recognize the partition.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.