Pages issue in iWork and email

Reaction score
I created a document in Pages on my iPad and saved it to iWork. I opened it on my Mac only to find the content from 1 of the pages missing.

A quick recheck on my iPad and the all the content was still there. Resaved to iWork.. same problem... so I emailed it to myself ... and still have the same problem.

Any ideas folks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
On your Mac, with the document open in Pages does the text momentarily appear when you click the Outline icon on the toolbar at the top?

Also check the View/Layout attributes to see if anything appears different.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi Pendlewitch

The page where the text is missing, will not let me even type in the empty text boxes. This is the only page of the 4 that is not right. I have tried a number of things. There is no hidden text at all.

The skeleton of that page is there, the text boxes and the layout, but like I said, nothing in them and I can't type anything in either!!!!!

I have just looked again on my IP4 and the document is there, complete (as it should be with iCloud)

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, is there a cursor pulsing on the empty page ? Is the Text Colour checked to white?

Edit-Also can you run Apple(icon)/Software Update and install any iWork/Pages related updates onto your Mac in the meantime and try reopening the document .

OP
S
Reaction score
Pages document problem

Hi again,..

Software is fully up to date, the cursor does not appear in the text boxes on that page... on the others, it's behaving as it should do and those text boxes are all editable.

Text colour is all set to black.

There is no hidden text.

Other than this one page the document is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, another suggestion would be to remove the preference list for Pages in your library and let Pages rebuild a new one.

Go to (User-You)/Home/Library/Preferences/ (NOT Preference Panes)

Find the file com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

Drag this into trash , empty trash, close all your programmes and restart.

Open the Pages application and then open the document to see if you can view and edit properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.