fan on macbook pro?

Reaction score
hi i just bought my mac book pro yesterday. it seems that the fan runs constantly though is this normal or am i hearing some other component, it starts about a minute after i turn the unit on. any advice thank you!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In widgets I use iStat pro which gives fan speed and temp and a lot of other info so when temp goes up so does fan speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Computer fans always run constantly as do hard drives. You're probably hearing a combination of both. Nothing to really worry about and the fans will speed up the more that you do. This is normal and not a big concern. If it runs maxed out all the time you would probably just have an application that is hogging CPU. You can use Activity Monitor to see what processes are running and other stats as well.

Reaction score
Fan running

Check to see what programs are running. Go to activity monitor in your application folder it sounds like a program is pushing hour processors to the limit I had Norton on mine and it was pushing my system to the limit. I uninstalled it from the site on the internet and now my computer is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Yea I use iStat Pro too. Great tool and it stays in the Dashboard so you can pull it up quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 500gb
Make sure you don't have a CD in the optical drive. I just got mine too and it is very quiet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.