Mac apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP 2.3Ghz Intel dual core i5
Hey everybody, this its my first post. I'm new to the mac world, and I wanted to know what you guys think the best apps are. I especially want to know about the best free apps. Thank you all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
C

chas_m

If you're new to the Mac, the best Mac apps are the ones that came on your computer. Please see the essay linked in my signature.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP 2.3Ghz Intel dual core i5
Thank you both for your answers! That essay is very informative, I am refraining from switching anything around for now.

C

chas_m

It's just my opinion, but I always think its best to learn about the "included" software on your Mac and at least what it does (if not how it works) before running off to lard the machine up with other stuff that may be largely redundant.

That said, there are MANY great programs out there for Macs. But they work best when you have a good understanding of how the Mac works, so focus on that first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27'' 2011 i7
No one can really tell you what the best applications are because that is strictly opinionated, but you can try using Google to find the most essential applications for a regular, every-day Mac user:

35 Absolutely Essential Mac Apps | Mac.AppStorm
50 Essential Mac Apps for OS X Beginners | Mac.AppStorm

You can also use the App Store and click on Top Charts, where you can download the top applications based on downloads and ratings.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for those sites :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.