old and new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
do you mean can you connect your iphone to it or does it play music in mp3 aac etc formats?

What OS is the emac running, OS9 or some version of OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
If you have itunes on the computer then try it. From what I read about the 2002 emac is that the best operating system it can run is mac os x 10.4 (Tiger) and for the most recent version of itunes has a minimum system requirement of 10.5 (leopard). On top of this 2002 emac comes with 10.1 so Im going to say no sorry I don't think you can.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks

Thanks guys, I'm new to the mac world, and i appreciate your help. I have Mac osx/version 10.3.9pro,700mhz power pcg4. 384mb sdram

OP
S
Reaction score
Apple iPod Dock Connector to FireWire Cable

Is it possible to use an,Apple iPod Dock Connector to FireWire Cable, for a 2002 machine?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I was all set to say that this was not going to work because the appropriate cable did not exist. Apparently this is one of the many times I have been wrong. Using the iPod Dock Connector to FireWire and USB 2.0 Cable. I remember these cables being used with iPods but not iPhones. Most of the descriptions I saw from vendors do not mention using the Firewire version of the cable with the iPhone. Here is one that does though I am sure there are others. NEW IEEE 1394 iPod to USB/Firewire Hotsync Connector Cable

C

chas_m

But chances are INCREDIBLY HIGH that no, this will not work unless all the ingredients necessary are exactly right, so the real answer is "no."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.