BT Infinity

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Air, both with Lion and MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
I am about to have BT Infinity installed tomorrow. At present I use Belkin with all three computers, iPhone and iPad and have no problems. I keep reading about problems with BT. Should I cancel the installation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What sort of problems?
I can't see why there would be any issue. They supply a new router, dedicated to the service, and that should be fine. I wouldn't cancel, no problem is insurmountable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
You will encounter problems with whoever you choose.

I'm with BT, and the router does some funny things once in a while, but it isn't enough to make me want to cancel.

Enjoy your stupidly fast broadband!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Macbook Air, both with Lion and MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Reaction score
We have had Infinity now for about 3 weeks. The download speed for us went from 3mb to, on average, about 30mb. BT say it should be 35mb for us.
I am "quite" happy with Infinity. I say quite, as I have an issue with the wireless signal strength. It is half what we used to get with their previous router, and it causes drop-outs with streaming music from iTunes to my hifi. BT have now said they will send out another router, so we will see if that fixes it. I hope so!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
i got BT infinity, i had an wifi issue that took 6 weeks to sort out, but once they sent me a replacement router it all works fine now, and lightning fast compared to my old BB speed

so expect a few teething troubles but once its up and running its ran fine 24/7

Reaction score
Just got Infinity last week, they install an extra router but it seems to work great with my iDevices. If you want any further help, message me.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you to all who have sent helpful messages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
Well I'm just jealous, I'd love to be able to get infinity(stuck with sky at 18Mb, which is good for adsl2) especially if it's Fibre To The Premises. We quite often have 6 or more people on at any one time and the speed and improved bandwidth would be gratefully appreciated. Given the choice though I'd love Virgin cable, but stuck here in Cumbria(uk) where never ever getting it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Stuck at 18 meg?!

My parents, in Cornwall, don't even get 1 meg! :\

jif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27' iMac i5 (2010)  iPad2  iPhone5  iPhone 4S  Apple TV2  iP
Jif,
I probably got your first router!

i had to fight to get a new one, their customer services took me through the same diagnostic bollocks time and time again till I kicked off.

with the first router, the wifi would be fine for 45 mins to an hour then drop. It would drop every 20 mins or so after that, very frustrating

My iMac is wired into the router and that always worked great with speeds to close on 40meg sometimes

since I got the new router the wifi has never dropped, all been great (fingers crossed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.