Anti virus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.66 GHz 8 GB
I know this problem has been addressed before but i download alot of stuff that then gets transfered to PCs, so i would like to scan it for the sake of the poor PC users. I cant download ClamXAv it gets to the end of the download then just carries on it wont compleate any ideas? or do i have to spend money?

L

Lonestar

johnnymacuser said:
I know this problem has been addressed before but i download alot of stuff that then gets transfered to PCs, so i would like to scan it for the sake of the poor PC users. I cant download ClamXAv it gets to the end of the download then just carries on it wont compleate any ideas? or do i have to spend money?

ClamXAv is the only free virus scanner for OSX that I have found. I've had a lot of problems keeping it working, too. However, I have also never had any problems with virii on my Mac, either :)

But since you are using it for the good those not using macs, try running this at the command line (Applications/Utilities/Terminal):

cd Desktop
wget http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/ClamXav_1.0.1.dmg

That should download it to the desktop without having to go through the browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.