Lion upgrade

Reaction score
Hey all new Mac user here bought first iMac tonight. I was just wondering, when they set it up at the apple store it doesn't have Lion installed. I thought that was a little weird this late in the year. Makes me question build date and shelf length. Anywhoo, they tried upgrading it at the store, no dice. Kept saying doesn't recognize serial number. Told me to go home it hadn't caught up to point of sale yet. Got home, same thing 4 hours later can't recognize. Called apple care, they want a copy of receipt and it could take days to get an upgrade code. All seems weird to me. My main concern though, is the apple store guy said NOT to load anything on this machine or migrate from my PC until its upgraded. Would you agree? Kinda bummed wanted to get going! Thanks in advance!

Jack

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just be patient, you'll get the upgrade. Also, it's a good idea not to load anything on the machine until after you install Lion. The cleaner the install, the better it will be.

SK1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5-inch: 2.5GHz
I had the same issue where it did not recognize my serial number. A call to Apple Care was no help. All I did was submit the application here OS X Lion Hardware Up-to-Date Program with a copy of my receipt (a screenshot did the trick as I did an online purchase) and within 48 hours I had my redemption code via email. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.