Trying to dualboot Windows and Mac

Reaction score
Got Windows installed with boot camp, it is working alright, but I still need to install the (graphic) drivers and stuff. Downloaded 3.3, it said "The Boot Camp version currently installed on your system does not require this update." Boyfriend proceeded to download 3.2, 3.1, etc., all of which said the previous version of the BootCamp update was necessary for installation. In "Device Manager" under "Display Adapters" it refers to my card as "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". Honestly, I am not entirely sure what it is supposed to say, but apparently that is not what we're looking for. So, my question is, how can I change it (is it even necessary)? My MacBook Pro is from 2010, running Lion OS, I think. I really just want to play really old low res games on this thing (to pass the time), but I have no idea how, haha. I thought it would be much simpler than this! Help me if you know what I am talking about, because I really don't! Lol. :Blushing:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't give us much to go on.... which version of Windows? Also, since you're running Lion on a 2010 MacBook Pro, it must have come with Snow Leopard pre-installed. Do you have your original Snow Leopard DVD? If you do, boot the machine to Windows, insert the Snow Leopard DVD. It should start to install drivers automatically. You're missing the video driver if all you can get is VGA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.