How to stop an action

Reaction score
I was moving files from an MP 3 player to trash and got a bit carried away and both clicked on delete and moved them by dragging and dropping.I now have three files moving to trash,box on screen with three barbers poles indicating files being moved.There was no sign of them stopping and they aren't that big, so I stopped them by clicking on X.Now it says they are stopping but are still going strong.So I can't eject Mp3 player, can't shut down because of course there is an operation on going.So can anyone advise the healthiest way to bring this to a stop? Force Quit? Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
Panic over.I force quit Finder and that did it.Not sure if I have done the right thing? Force Quit always sounds a bit extreme !! But in restarting I remembered something I definitely wanted to ask for help with.When the iMAc restarts there is a short burst of music and I was wondering where on the system I would go to either get rid of it or at least turn it down(other than turn off sound before starting?Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.