MacBook or Laptop

Reaction score
Sorry guys...age old question I know.

Ive had the corporate answer now I want a proficient users input.

Since day 1 Ive used laptops, since day 1 Ive also used, loved and enjoyed the iPhone and iPads.

However, Im a normal guy who runs the Marketing and eComms section of a charity and also co-manages an upcoming cycling team. Im NOT a student or professional businessman who are the 'apparent' standard users of the Apple platform.

So MB,MBP or MBAir and in laymans terms I need good answers and need to justify the cost differential to a non techi wife lol.

In all honesty, i'm not poor, but the price scares the **** out of me when I can get a Laptop for the 1/4 of the price.

I currently use a Samsung RV511 with i3 Processor if that helps any.

Thanks for time in advance all.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Regarding the thread title..."MacBook or Laptop"...MacBooks ARE laptops!;)

I think that what you mean is..."Windows laptop or Apple/Mac laptop"?

However...I don't see any strong reasons for you to switch to a Mac laptop (yes you mentioned liking iPhones & iPads) if:

- you are familiar with the Windows OS.
- if you have a lot of money invested in Windows based software...that either does not have a Macintosh version or a Macintosh version would need to be repurchased.
- if you feel you can get a Windows laptop for 1/4 the price

If you want to try a Mac...you can "play" with them for a while at a local Apple Store...or sometimes you just got to "take the plunge" and buy one.

Owning a Mac is mainly about the OS experience...and what many people say is..."They just work!":)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
1.) Is lightweight a concern?
2.) Can you live with a 13 inch screen ?
3.) Do you use an optical drive a lot ?
4.) Will you be running Windows on it? If so in Bootcamp or VM ?
If you do a part to part comparison you can not get a windows laptop for a quarter of the price maybe a hundred or so cheaper then you will still not have OSX and iLife besides having the industries best trackpad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.