MacBook Pro won't turn on. Beeps every 5 seconds.

Reaction score
Help ... anyone. My Mac Book Pro is just over a year old and it won't turn on. It was literally working fine one day. I shut it down and the next time I went to turn it on, it wouldn't. I instead get a single beeping sound every 5 seconds. The LED on the front of the computer also blinks one time in sync with the beeping. Any advice?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Single beep. Let me check. I know 2 and 3 beeps is usually bad RAM. BRB.

Ok check this URL.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1547

Says one beep is no RAM installed. Check your RAM. Is it seated all the way down? You might remove it and re-seat it.

Reaction score
Help

I have the same problem and just re-seated my RAM. it's still beeping away. anything else I can do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure it's the correct memory for your machine. Try swapping the modules with known good ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.