iOS 5 SDK

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a few months ago Xcode 4.1 with iOS SDK 4.3.
Now I'd like to try the new iOS5 SDK, but I don't know how can I get it.
From the apple site it's available for paying developer only and from the app store I already installed Xcode.

Thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
As a paid developer, I downloaded XCode 4.2 from the developer site. From what I understand, you can download it from the Mac App store as an upgrade. The newer SDK is a part of the newer XCode.

Since 4.2 and iOS is public now, I would have thought that Apple have released them as available downloads from the free developer account too. I don't follow that closely to know though.

When I start a new iOS project in XCode 4.2, it defaults to the newer SDK for iOS 5. Click on the project title on the far left column and a window pane comes up in the middle and in there it describes the 'Deployment Target'.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you, you're right, 4.2 and iOS are public, now.

I discovered that, after the uninstall, XCode 4.1 leave an installer file in the /Developer dir that's the only way to get the upgrade, AFAIK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.