My Set Up

Reaction score
Hi, i recently bought a macbook and i am in the process of preparing and backing up all of my user files on my windows system so i can move them over to the mac system.

I am working away from the office for a few days and i won't get around to copying the files over until the weekend but i would like to prepare for it.

A lot of my folders (and sub folders) in my documents folder on the windows system have icons applied to them... some of these icons are standard windows icons and other folders have icons applied to them that i downloaded from the internet.

My questions is... should i remove all of these icons from my folders and sub folders... and / or how will mac OS X (Lion) handle them, thanks in advance

C

chas_m

It will ignore them, most likely. I don't think you have anything to worry about there.

OP
O
Reaction score
Ok cool, is there anything else i should be concerned about before moving files over (apart from having apps to open all file types)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Shouldn't be any problems. The easiest way to do it is to copy the files to an external drive connected to your pc. Then just plug the drive to your Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.