• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

the best setting for partitioning my internal 1tb hard drive

Reaction score
What is the best setting for partitioning my internal 1tb hard drive for video editing purpose? should i divide it into 3

i am using
MAC 0S X version 10.6.8
Processor 3.2 GHz intel core i3
Memory 4gb 13333 MHz DDR3
and i am using
FCP X for video editing

my idea is
200 for OS
300 for the softwares
500 for the files

or

200 for os
250 for the softwares
300 for my own personal files
250 for the raw files

C

chas_m

I see no reason to partition the drive at all. Maybe -- perhaps -- one partition for video projects and the rest for the OS and software (which need to be together on the same partition).

Hope you have a good backup system in place!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.