Cant Read Calibra Font on Mac

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to make a basic Mac mail signature for my business mail account but its supposed to be using Calibra font to be compatible with my PC colleagues. It seems Calibra is not available on the Mac. Is there a way to get this font and install on my Mac so that I can use it? I have Office installed using parrallels.

Strange thing is I can display incoming signatures with this font fine.

Thanks,

Mike

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As far as I know, there is no such font as Calibra - at least I haven't been able to find it either in Windows or on the net. However Calibri is available on your Mac or it should be.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry. Its Calibri but its not available on my mac as far as I can tell. If i open pages its not an available font nor as font for signature. Pretty sure its a Microsoft font. Dont mind paying for it if thats what I need to do just in case thats what people were thinking :)

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
I've just looked it up on Google as my i7 hasn't got it either. The family pack (whatever that is) is £121. You are right Spartan07 it is a Microsoft Font.

OP
S
Reaction score
But have a Microsoft 2007 Licence on my Mac an Calibri is there in Word. I cant seem to find the corresponding file to install on my MAc OS. Does anyone know how to do this?

Mike

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have Office 2007 on your Mac running in Parallels it includes the Calibri font. I have MS Office 2011 installed on my Mac so the font is available to me.

Generally, TTF fonts from Windows can be copied directly to a Mac and installed like any other font. Just make sure you have sharing turned on in Parallels and move the calibri.ttf file to your OS X desktop. Then you can install the font by double clicking on it and selecting "install".

OP
S
Reaction score
Chscaq,

That did the trick but ran into other problems trying to get colours right. Signature looks perfect on any apple device but when sent to PC colours and font sizes all wrong. Ive got something working by creating signature on PC and emailing to mac ,
cut and pasting into signatures but colours still not right. Seems very very strange.

Thanks for help.

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.