Same price which one?

Reaction score
Hi I'm a high school student grade 10 I want to buy my first Mac, In about 2 years I plan to use it for my first couple years of collage. I either want a MacBook pro 13 inch 4gb or MacBook air 11.6 inch with 4gb. Where I'm from they both cost 1199$ so what should I get, also I'm not a power user and don't intend to use it for more then Internet, notes and some other minor computing. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Hi I'm a high school student grade 10 I want to buy my first Mac, In about 2 years I plan to use it for my first couple years of collage. I either want a MacBook pro 13 inch 4gb or MacBook air 11.6 inch with 4gb. Where I'm from they both cost 1199$ so what should I get, also I'm not a power user and don't intend to use it for more then Internet, notes and some other minor computing. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

get the 13 inch, i got the 13 inch white macbook .. about 3 yrs ago in 10th grade, its better than the air, the airs too tiny and you'll most likely want a larger screen and the usb ports and all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
I second the macbook pro over the air here. You'll probably need to use dvd's, cd's etc so it already has the drive. The extra ports, larger screen size and all will be good as well. The big advantage with the air is a better resolution screen (not by much) and also the SSD it has (which you could just upgrade if you ever want to in the pro). For your use though the pro would be a good choice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)
FWIW my son will be a college freshman next fall. We're getting him a laptop for his HS graduation present. We were torn between the Air and the Pro. We stopped by our local Apple retail store and I asked an employee what her recommendation was. She said she always tells students who won't be doing a lot of traveling to go with the Pro. We were leaning towards the Pro anyway, but this removed any doubt. I guess if you don't require extreme portability, the Pro would be the best route.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 In iMac, 1TB HDD, i3 processor,Running OS Lion.
Agreed. The MBP is the hot item at my university. Even if your student is doing alot of traveling, the MBP isint exactly difficult to carry around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 In iMac, 1TB HDD, i3 processor,Running OS Lion.
May I suggest however, you personally holding on the the install discs? I see multiple post around campus for install discs needed. You wouldnt want your student losing them, and not be able to find them if needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
MacBook Pro. The Air is not upgradeable and even though you say you'll only be using it for internet usage, the ability to upgrade the RAM and hard drive is a great thing to have. You might change your mind in college since that's pretty much when you start figuring out what you want to do. And if in the future you want to mess with video or photo or music (editing) then that MBP will come in handy.

Think ahead, and not just in the now.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™ i5 Processor / 13.3" Display / 4GB Memory / 320GB Hard Drive
MBP nuff seid

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.