How to recover failed windows 7 partition

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post so please go easy on me if this has been answered elsewhere on the site.

Ive had my macbook pro 13" now for about a year. So far I've upgraded the hard drive to 1tb and the RAM to 8gb, and i love the machine and the mac operationg system. However, for college it is pretty much essential that i run windows (for various reasons, mostly for I.T and Product design ( the software we use in I.T is available on mac however it's a poor version, and for product design the CAD software we use isn't available for mac and is mostly never to be either)).

up until last weekend my macbook pro had been working perfectly, runnings windows 7 and OSx lion, and id also started trying windows 8, which also worked well. Id also started using parallels desktop 7, after not using it for a while. parallels froze up several times on the friday which resulted in several force quits, which i believe lead to the problems. The problem is windows 7 won't load up at all, it doesn't show in the boot menu when holding down option upon starting the laptop and under disk utility it has been changed from WINDOWS to disk0s4, it appears to be unmounted as well which i believe is the issue. However I'm not particularly an expert in this kind of thing so I'm not too sure.

the bottom line is ALL of my college work is on the windows partition and without getting it restored I'm pretty skrewed. I know, and I've been told and laughed at 100 times for not backing up but its too late now to consider what i should of done and I've defiantly learnt my lesson (next pay day a time capsule will defiantly be on order LOL).

thanks for any help, and if any screenshots are needed please let me know, I'm not too bother about using windows no more, i just mainly need my documents back as they have around 18 months worth of work on that without i am skrewed.

cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Another who needs detailed instructions to back up Windows 7 to a new hard drive alas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.