Folders

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 1TB, 16Gig Ram
I have had my iMac for a week now and I love it! One thing that I can't work out is when I open a folder that has another folder in it, it opens up a new window. I want it to be like Windows if I can and use the back button instead of closing heaps of folders that open up. I hope that makes sense. I found in finder preferences "Always open folders in a new window" but it hasn't worked.

Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I don't know why it wouldn't work when you uncheck that box in Finder Preferences. That's what I have it set to and it works for me. That's odd. Have you tried turning it off and back on? Sounds basic, but might clear it up.

OP
Max Power1509
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 27" 1TB, 16Gig Ram
Thanks MYmacROX! The check box wasn't ticked so I ticked it and then unticked it rebooted and now it's fine. Again thanks mate that was one thing driving me nuts. Now to work out the best way to get VHS tapes to the iMac!

Max

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.