iPhoto & Lightroom Inquiry

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I am new to the Mac world. I just migrated over from the PC to my iMac 27 (love it). In my old PC I was just starting to use Lightroom 3 to organize all my family pics, which I cataloged using a good file structure with year, and events. When I imported all my photos into iPhoto I selected the folder from which to import thinking it would keep the exact same file structure I had already established. Instead it imported the event titles and not keep the upper level folder structure I created by year, ex: 2011, 2010 etc.

I loaded lightroom 3 for Mac and it works just as it did in the PC, but what I like about iPhoto is the option to make and order personal books. I would like to use iPhoto for this purpose and would love it if it could keep the same folder structure I had already created.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eddie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
What I do in your situation (wanting to create a photo book), is just import the relevant photos from the LR folder, create the book, and then delete them from iPhoto again so to avoid having duplicates.

Maybe a teeny bit fiddlier than having them all already in iPhoto, organised nicely into events and such, but saves having two lots of all my photos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.