audio on asf and wmv

J

jkarolyi

Hello,

I can not hear the audio on most of my asf and wmv file. The video plays just fine.

If I play them in VLC I get the message: main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `ms 0'. VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

If I play them in WMP I get the message: This file may not play correctly because it was compressed by using a codex that is not supported.

I'm running OS 10.2.8, VLC 0.6.2, WMP 9.0

thank you very much for any help you can provide,
James

OP
N

n.silverman@sev

jkarolyi said:
Hello,

I can not hear the audio on most of my asf and wmv file. The video plays just fine.

If I play them in VLC I get the message: main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `ms 0'. VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

If I play them in WMP I get the message: This file may not play correctly because it was compressed by using a codex that is not supported.

I'm running OS 10.2.8, VLC 0.6.2, WMP 9.0

thank you very much for any help you can provide,
James

I have the exact same problem, just as you described.

Did you ever learn of a solution?

NateS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Maybe another format, cause wmv seems to be windows (outdated link removed) based - are you running them in the emulator?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Edit: I suck. Dr. DivX isn't even for Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I often find myself having the attitude if it ain't for Mac, then it dosn't matter but that's just me. I mean, I went as far as erridicating doz from my room by installing Red Hat on my pc without dual boot - overwrite the MBR cause I'm done with M$ :p

OP
W

WilliS

all these posts without solutions... in my opinion... SHHHHHHH if you dont know the answer ;)

anyway, use "MPlayer OS X 2" go to google and type that in exactly... you will find it...

the program itself doesnt have the greatest playback functions, but it plays nearly everything.... i have VLC or whatever also...and i dont like it at all...the only thing it does for me, is look better than MPlayer

good luck..if this doesnt help, uh... oh wait..it will ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.