Trash

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 13" MacBook Pro. I have been cleaning a lot of my flash drives and then went to the Trash to empty it. It came up with a secure message and I opted to delete all. The trash is not empty after many hows of painful slow reduction and the last amount simply will not delete. Can anyone advise where I am going wrong? I am so used to Windows......

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum!

You said you are cleaning flash drives. OSX stores the trash data in a hidden file on each separate device. When you delete a file from a removable device, that trash data stays on that device. So leave the flash drive in while you empty the trash that you just created from that drive.

Are you getting any messages about the "last amount" that won't delete? OSX won't let you delete a file that is in use.

OP
Z
Reaction score
trash

Many thanks for the response. That explains also why the capacity of the flash drive has not been restored! Thanks for the assistance once again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.