Audio & Video Inputs/Outputs For Mac Mini

T

Tom Murphy

I just got a Mac Mini and wonder if anyone knows a good hub to get to input & output audio from my stereo and the same for video from my VCR & DVD player?

OP
S

steveedge

Define "Good" :)

What you need is an audio interface with in's and out's not a hub.
I have a Mac Mini and I use a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile 2496 audio interface. M-Audio also makes a USB Audiophile interface which is a bit cheaper but it got a lot of bad reviews.
There are many other brands and price ranges depending on what you want to spend.
Do a google search for Mac audio interface...that should get you going.
I saved a lot of money by buying my interface (new in box) from a eBay music store for $130.00 It list on the M-Audio site for 350.00 so no matter which unit you choose you should check EBay before buying. ;)

Read up on how many input's and out puts each unit has. I am a musician and record pro. audio type stuff so you may get by with a little less expensive model than the audiophile. Be aware that some of the cheaper interfaces in the 40 to 50 buck range also got bad reviews..noises, etc...which is why I paid more for the Audiophile.
Whatever you decide on make sure to find some customer reviews before buying.
If you want to capture Video to your Mini you will need a Video Converter as well.
Good Luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.