Done with my windows box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I was out of town for a week. Windows box was off all week. When I turned it on this morning, I got funky video lines all across my screen. Tried my windows repair disk. Tried the repair utility on my windows 7 disc. Nada, nil, Zip!

I'm reinstalling windows which, of course, will wipe out all of my apps. Thank god it doesn't wipe out my data folders.

Everything is moving to an external drive and the windows box will be turned off for good!

I love my mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro i5 / 4GB / 250GB
I love your mac too!

Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware issue, if a format and OS reinstall didn't fix it. Your Mac is not immune to hardware failures either.

Reaction score
I'm reinstalling windows which, of course, will wipe out all of my apps. Thank god it doesn't wipe out my data folders.

If you do the fresh reinstall, Windows will wipe everything, unless you have separate partitions/hard disks. If you do the backups, you won't lose anything, including the "apps."

Everything is moving to an external drive and the windows box will be turned off for good!
I love my mac!

Everything needs certain levels of maintenance. If you abuse your Mac, it would be trashed too. All my Windows "boxes" and laptops have been used from three to five years without major problems . I purchased or assembled the new machines because I wanted to use new software that my old machines could not handle. I have rarely experienced a hardware failure (except one Dell XPS's 5 y-o PSU). Maybe I have been lucky so far.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.