Webcam issues on Win 7

Reaction score
Okay, had a few issues installing windows 7 on an early '09 macbook version 5,2.

Firstly, I didn't realise this is apparently an unsupported model for windows 7 64bit.
That meant the windows support driver software from apple wouldn't run via the setup file - said something about unsupported device.
I didn't really have any hardware issues despite this but was a bit concerned that hardware was not running at optimum, so I manually ran various 64bit drivers off the disc I made from the apple files.

I ran the isight drivers for 64bit (I assume this is the webcam?) and tested the webcam via skype. The webcam seems to refresh the image at approximately 1 frame a minute, visable on both the macbook screen and my girlfriends skype on her iphone. Both running over my wifi (6mb/s).
Pretty sure it's the macbook as the bit in skype that asks for a photo also shows the webcam image at 1 frame per minute!

Anyone suggest how to improve this. Everything else is working fine (jinx alert).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.