Smart Zoom Tips?

Reaction score
So I've had my MBA 13 for about 9 days now. There's LOTS to like about it, but I do have some issues.

One is that I do have trouble with the Trackpad - I'm coming front an IBM T43 and used the TrackPoint exclusively - so I'm not really use to Trackpads.

So my question. I get a lot of false clicks on the SmartZoom (double tap with two fingers) and I don't think there's much if anything I can do to improve the situation (except practice), but thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone knows of ways to improve the accuracy of SmartZoom

C

chas_m

Actually, SmartZoom is triggered by default with ONE finger double-tap ... at least it is on my Magic Mouse.

Apart from "be more conscious of what your hand is doing" -- you could download a program like Better Touch Tool or Magic Prefs and "reassign" that feature to another gesture you are less likely to accidentally invoke.

OP
T
Reaction score
I've heard of Better Touch Tool but not Magic Prefs.

Good software? I'm hesitant to start going 3rd party so early, but I remember reading good things about Better Touch Tool.

If I don't like BTT, is it easy to remove?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Yes, MagicPrefs is definitely one of the best and most essential applications for Mac. I have been using it ever since it came out as beta. Go for it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.