Totally bizarre

E

Ex_PC_Puke

This evening I was doing some web ordering and Safari kept getting slower and slower -- in fact the past few days I've gotten several unexpected safari shutdowns on my Mini. But it got to the point where the time-outs were causing the system to say the network was down ------ I go accross the room to our PC (on the same hub) and its just smokin as far as loading web pages -- whats even more strange - I plugged in my 12" PB to the hub .... same thing - Safari is like syrup -------- sad day I had to do the web orders on the PC.

And earlier when it was slowing down I repaired permissions and ran macjanitor --- no help. Starting to look like a virus :(

I've since cleared the safari cache and did a safari reset ----- seems snappier now ------------------ any thoughts on this ??????

OP
I

IcerC

I was having 1k downloads until I updated to OSX 10.4 which somewhat fixed it
Even after that then I did some risky downloading that slowed it down more once again.

I have recently reinstalled OSX.. It's running great.

Is you computer up-to-date? Try a different browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
yea always keep something like firefox on just to check.

i personally use firefox over safari as i like FF better

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.