When I was using WINDERS ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
When i used a PC running Windows i found i easily got a "coaster" whenever i burnt a CD/DVD IF i carried on using the computer for OTHER things !

Consequently whenever i wanted to Burn a CD/DVD i would start it burning, then leave the computer well alone for the time it took to do the business, as a result NO MORE COASTERS.

Of course now i have a proper computer an APPLE MacBookPro 15" early 2011, i find that old habits die hard so i am now doing the same with my APPLE when burning disc's, usually the Double Layer 8.5gb kind at about a £1 each, i do not touch the computer for anything at all until the finished disc is ejected !.

Do you think i am taking it too far ?, nowadays with the processing power of Apple computers, please tell me my Lap Top CAN DO more than one task at once.

tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Personally, I burn optical media regularly while doing other things. Now, caveats being... if you're going to do something that'll suck up the vast majority of your system resources, you may run into a problem. If you're talking about just general usage stuff (reading email, surfing the web, etc) it's generally not a problem. Start rendering animation and you may just have an issue :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Personally, I burn optical media regularly while doing other things. Now, caveats being... if you're going to do something that'll suck up the vast majority of your system resources, you may run into a problem. If you're talking about just general usage stuff (reading email, surfing the web, etc) it's generally not a problem. Start rendering animation and you may just have an issue :)

Cheers buddy, very helpful, i don't do heavy stuff at all, in fact most of the Apple power i do have is probably wasted on me, truthfully a Winders machine was probably adequate for my needs, but i aint ever going back, NO WAY !

tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.