maximize folder size in Finder

Reaction score
Have had my first an only Mac exactly one week now (MBA 13) and have a question I thought I'd lob out at you all.

If the Finder Stacks we have Finder and in Finder there are folders that are automatic or user defined. When you open these folders they are fairly small in size. Is there a way to maximize the size of these folders to say a full screen view? They're kind of small, especially on an MBA.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Grab the bottom right hand corner and drag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If the Finder Stacks we have Finder and in Finder there are folders that are automatic or user defined.

What?

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks! That worked fine. I'm used to looking for Windows maximize button.

What about Finder itself? Can that be set so that it opens "big" when it launches?

Also, I'm a big fan of the clean desktop look. And I really like the pic of the Milky Way on my MBA (yes, I'm weird about these things). So, is there someplace I can store folders where there out of they way?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
There shouldn't be any folders on your desktop unless you manually put them there yourself. I believe Finder will open windows at the last size you had them.

OP
T
Reaction score
You're right. No random folders and want to keep it that way.

And, yeah, Finder seems to be opening like I want it to. I couldn't get that to happen last night...but it seems to be fine now.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.