Upgrading to Lion with boot camp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21inch, 3.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, iPhone 4 32GB
Hi guys,

Hoping one of you can answer this for me...

I have Snow Leopard installed on my iMac and have a Windows 7 partition via Boot Camp. If I upgrade to OS X Lion, will my Windows 7 partition be affected? I have a lot of family photos and videos on the Win 7 partition and wouldn't want the Lion upgrade to screw it up.

Many thanks in advance,
Munkee

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Before updating to Lion, make a backup of OS X Snow Leopard and Windows 7 just in case. You can use the built in Windows 7 backup to image. You will need an external hard drive formatted to NTFS for the image backup.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21inch, 3.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 1TB hard drive, iPhone 4 32GB
Great, thanks guys. My plan was always to backup before upgrading, but just wanted to get some info on whether Boot Camp is affected in any way. Restoring a backup is always a lengthy process, so it's good to know that (in theory) the upgrade should go smoothly.

Thanks again,
Munkee

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.