Looking for Logo and Business Card Design Software

Reaction score
I just purchased my first Mac computer, a 27" iMac Quad Core. I'm going to be using it to run my business as well as design the website and do other graphic design, photo editing, and video editing.

I've already decided on purchasing the following software to help do those deeds:
1. Pixelator (Was going to look a Photoshop, but after reading reviews I think this will work fine for my need)
2. Rapidweaver (For web design)

I was also wondering if anyone here has used any software specific for logo designing and for business card design?

Does anyone know if Pixelator or Rapidweaver have trials so I can try them out first?

Thanks guys/gals!

Reaction score
Both have trial version (easy to find out when you go to their websites).

I have used Rapidweaver before, but I'm really not a fan of it at all. The program doesn't work well at all as soon as you are trying to modify the code in a server-side language (e.g. php). I guess if you are just planning on "clicking" your site together it might work alright. Just my own experience...

OP
E
Reaction score
I've never done ANY web design so I'm looking for ease of use. I have populated a shopping cart site, but never have done the actual design. I'm definitely going to do there trial versions to make sure I don't waste any money on something that doesn't work for me. The big question mark for me now is logo design and setting up my business cards...I've google searched and found a few, but I don't know if the reviews were just setup as marketing by the software producer or if they are real life reviews.

C

chas_m

Since you appear to be JUST interested in business card and logo design rather than the graphic arts proper, I'd suggest Business Card Composer and Art Text from BeLight.

You can also compose basic (very nice looking, but template-driven) business cards in Pages, part of the iWork suite (you can find out more about Pages on Apple's website). Serious professionals tend to use other tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) but these are extremely expensive for casual use. BCC and Art Text is likely to get you well on your way.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion chad m! Those look like some nice options. I tried downloading the trial version of Logo Design Studio, but it won't let me open it....any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Thanks for the suggestion chad m! Those look like some nice options. I tried downloading the trial version of Logo Design Studio, but it won't let me open it....any ideas?

Do you mean Logo Design Studio from Summitsoft? If so there are two versions for it. Logo Design Studio (latest version currently V4) is a PC program. Logo Design Studio Pro (latest version currently V2) is a Mac program. There isn't a trial of Design Studio Pro so it looks as though you've downloaded the PC version.

Macware Products - designed for the Mac OS X user by Macware

OP
E
Reaction score
That must have been what I did...I have to remember to look to make sure its Mac compatible next time...I'm so used to PCs. Thanks!

Reaction score
Assistance Needed With Printing Business Cards

Hi, chas_m! :)

My problem seems to be kind of related to this thread.

Maybe you can help me resolve a problem I am having with printing out my business cards using the FREE business card (Label) function on the Word on my Mac.

1. I created my business cards using Avery 8373 Business Card Template.
2. I inserted an image of a picture I wanted to appear on the top, left-hand corner of the card.
3. I printed a sample (and this is where the problem appeared).
4. The text of the business card printed just fine.
5. However, the image (picture) printed OUTSIDE of the card parameters.
6. I went back to the card and adjusted the position of the image thinking that might resolve the problem.
7. However, when I previewed the card, the image was still way out of the card parameters again.
8. I tried to google for assistance with business cards on Mac. At the links I viewed I had already done what was in the instructions (I think :) )
9. Of course, it was suggested that I get the Business Card Composer. I really do not have the funds to do that yet. Shouldn't a person be able to make a business card using the "LABEL/Business Card" function on the Word Document on Mac?

How do I get my image to stay within the parameters of my business card?

I hope I have been clear in presenting my dilemma.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Since you appear to be JUST interested in business card and logo design rather than the graphic arts proper, I'd suggest Business Card Composer and Art Text from BeLight.

You can also compose basic (very nice looking, but template-driven) business cards in Pages, part of the iWork suite (you can find out more about Pages on Apple's website). Serious professionals tend to use other tools (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) but these are extremely expensive for casual use. BCC and Art Text is likely to get you well on your way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.