What size iPhone for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I've finally decided to move on from my trusty Nokia candy bar phone and join the iPhone brotherhood. One thing that confuses me is what size memory to get. I won't be watching films or playing games, and I can live without Facebook or Twitter but I will be accessing the internet, using a navigation app, occasional emails perhaps, taking the odd photo when I don't have my DSLR with me and I'm happy to have my music on my iPod touch which lives in the car. OK I'll probably find a few apps that interest me once I get my new phone, but I don't think there are many other 'must have' requirements.

Posting here for any advice on why I should need a larger capacity phone. What will I not be able to do? Will I regret not getting a 32 or 64GB in a few months or will the basic (!) 16GB model be just fine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I got the 32GB 4 no regrets I hold a lot of music and photos and a few music videos
and wanted some storage room because I was unsure how much shooting in the cam corder mode would take up. Music and video will eat the space up more so than anything else apps and I have a lot of them not so much.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
In the market there are various size of iPhones are available but it depends on user's requirement and desire. Generally users desired to watch in medium screen and portability of device so, which size user prefer according to their requirement. There is some siezes like 16GB,32GB and 64 GB.

Hence the reason for my question.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I've finally decided to move on from my trusty Nokia candy bar phone and join the iPhone brotherhood. One thing that confuses me is what size memory to get. I won't be watching films or playing games, and I can live without Facebook or Twitter but I will be accessing the internet, using a navigation app, occasional emails perhaps, taking the odd photo when I don't have my DSLR with me and I'm happy to have my music on my iPod touch which lives in the car. OK I'll probably find a few apps that interest me once I get my new phone, but I don't think there are many other 'must have' requirements.

Posting here for any advice on why I should need a larger capacity phone. What will I not be able to do? Will I regret not getting a 32 or 64GB in a few months or will the basic (!) 16GB model be just fine?

If you don't use your phone for gaming then I think the 16GB is fine. That's the one I have. I don't have any music on it and I only have the facebook app installed on it. That's all I need.

Reaction score
I have plenty of music, photos, and apps on my 16gb model and have never come close to maxing out the available space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Hence the reason for my question.
It sounds like you will be a lightweight user and probably won't need more than 16GB. For people like me 16GB isn't enough. That's what I currently have and my iPhone is almost full. Most of it is music though since I have a pretty decent sized collection but I do also have a decent collection of apps and some videos.

I have the lower monthly data plan so I don't want to stream my music. 32GB is the minimum for me but from what you have said 16GB should be good enough for you.

OP
Sawday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks everyone. Looks like 16Gb is the way to go. Now to find a decent tariff...

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I'm curious - has anyone noted a correlation between memory size and performance? I ask this - because I noted a clear difference between my wife's 16GB iPod Touch and my 64GB iPod Touch. Mine just seemed snappier - doing the same tasks. Has anyone else noted this? I'll add that I noticed this when they were still fairly new - before we loaded them up with any music/apps, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.