Parallels thread moved...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5
I finally bit the bullet and installed Parallels and Windows 7. Documentation of rParallels is poor at best....especially when they said to check page 63 in the Users Guide...there is only about 6 pages. Any way..it's up and running and I have installed both Quicken and Quickbooks and they seem to be working fine. The problem is all of the leftover desktop clutter. I'm afraid to just thrash it in case it is needed. I have an item called GRMCHPFRER_EN_DVD, a folder that is labeled Windows that contains DLM-w7hp86iso, and X17-24208.iso. There is also an icon that looks like a monitor, is red and has ll Parallels on it. The tag says Windows 7. Does anyone know if these can all get trashed, or should they be moved to the Application folder. Sorry if I sound a little paranoid, but I spent too much time getting this to work to destroy it.

PS...any way to get my 10 key working with Parallels and Windows?

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I found the answer to the numlock problem... Option+Clear.

OP
SleeperSS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I inadvertently put this in the wrong forum..hopefully that explains why, after 168 views there were no replies. Any help here??

I finally bit the bullet and installed Parallels and Windows 7. Documentation of rParallels is poor at best....especially when they said to check page 63 in the Users Guide...there is only about 6 pages. Any way..it's up and running and I have installed both Quicken and Quickbooks and they seem to be working fine. The problem is all of the leftover desktop clutter. I'm afraid to just thrash it in case it is needed. I have an item called GRMCHPFRER_EN_DVD, a folder that is labeled Windows that contains DLM-w7hp86iso, and X17-24208.iso. There is also an icon that looks like a monitor, is red and has ll Parallels on it. The tag says Windows 7. Does anyone know if these can all get trashed, or should they be moved to the Application folder. Sorry if I sound a little paranoid, but I spent too much time getting this to work to destroy it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please do not cross post or arbitrarily "move a post". If you feel that a post is in the wrong forum, ask a Staff member to move it for you. I have combined your posts together here and removed the duplicates in the other forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.