Exiting Full Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
So I feel like an absolute tech cretin on this one, but every time I want to leave full screen on an App (Safari, Mail, etc...) I hit the escape key. And of course, this does absolutely nothing...

I looked through the entire Help menu to find any way to exit full screen that don't require me to mouse over to the arrows in the upper right hand side of the screen... Nothing.

Is there any way to get my Mac to recognize that when I hit escape what I want is for it to exit full screen? I tried to find it as an available action in automator, and it just isn't there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
ctrl - cmd - f

I'm not sure I'd want to remap esc to this combination system wide.

OP
_Stormin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
1: Thank You

2: After further debate, I would actually rather remap one of the function keys to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
System Preferences, Keyboard, Keyboard shortcuts..

actually.. I take that back.. I don't think you can do it in keyboard shortcuts

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.