very sexy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
help

hey

i had a right old afternoon trying to get on line.

i have a wireless network which normally runs pretty well but today for some reason the connect light in the belkin router goes off. now the ready light on the cable modem always stays on - so the problem is between there and the router - probably the router you would think?

eventually when i reset the router it stays steady without going out and i stay on line, I'm wondering could it be something to do with my service provider on whats coming down the line and knocking out the router. I dont think the router is faulty? - but i need some expert on networks to give me likely scenarios for what's happening? I've had the router nearly a year
and apart from today which was constant I normally am online apart from the odd time when the green light on the router goes out.

any help or guidance appreciated

kind regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
i'm sorry that i can't be of any assistance to you, but hey... what a nice way to catch someone's eye with that thread topic! :)

M

Merlinblack

that's what I call my PB :p

as basic as it sounds try swapping that cable between the router and the modem. Could potentially be the problem.

Router could be going bad a year without a break would kill you too ;) .

something is up with the router for sure but I'm not exactly sure what. You could try a tracert (windows command there should be a mac equivilant) from the computer and see if your router is responding properly. Or ping your router and see if it is dropping packets.

But... I suspect it might have been one of those technology hicups that we come across ever so often. It may never happen again and you won't have to worry anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.